Jr. Sharks Management Committee
The Barrie Jr. Sharks are excited to introduce a new management committee which will provide guidance and organizational support to the team, starting with the 2023-2024 season. Led by General Manger Ted Dean, the new Jr. Sharks Management Committee will develop the strategic and operational plans that will guide the Jr. Sharks towards the next level of their vision.
General Manager Ted Dean is excited for the what the new advisory group will bring to the team. “This is an exceptional group with decades of management experience inside hockey arenas, and in the business world,” said Dean. “Our team is fortunate to have a passionate group of individuals who are willing to contribute their energy to what we are building,”
The Jr. Sharks Management Committee will include:
- General Manager, Barrie Jr. Sharks, and Chair of the Jr. Sharks Management Committee
- 20+ years of experience supporting, building, and managing female hockey teams
- 10+ years experience with the Ontario Women’s Hockey Association as a Director and Chair of the Board.
- President of the Barrie Women’s Hockey Association
- 10+ years experience supporting and managing hockey teams
- 6+ years as a member of the BWHA Board of Directors
- Senior IT Manager with over 20+ years experience leading teams that implement transformational change.
- 10 years experience supporting and managing hockey teams
- Former member of the BWHA Board of Directors (2013-2016)
- Senior Project and Delivery Manager with multiple project management certifications and 20+ years of experience managing multi-million-dollar business, IT, Security and Infrastructure projects.
- Activist, philanthropist, community builder, advocate, and entrepreneur
- Recognized for her community building work by the Ontario Provincial Parliament, and the City of Barrie which presented her with the city’s highest honour, the Spirit Catcher Award, in 2013.
- 20+ years as an entrepreneur, founding and leading many successful businesses and programs including one of Simcoe County’s leading real estate teams.
- Past President of the Barrie Women’s Hockey Association (2018-2022).
- 20 years experience coaching and managing hockey teams
- 10 years as a member of the BWHA Board of Directors
- Director of Sales & National Accounts for an international manufacturing company, with other 20 years experience in managing sales and operations teams.
The Jr. Sharks are Central Ontario’s premiere amateur women’s hockey team and the U22 Elite League is widely regarded as the best amateur women’s hockey league in the world. “Our team and our league have seen amazing growth in recent years, both in the quality of hockey played on the ice, and in the size and scope of our program,” explained Ted Dean. “I’m excited for how this new committee will strengthen our management team and help us improve and expand on all of the things our players need to play at the highest level.”